Thursday, August 19, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me!


It's my birthday today! Being a feisty Leo means birthdays are usually week long celebrations, but of course, this year is slightly different. I'm not entirely sure what to expect...


....usually there is the opening of gifts, of which the Petits are very able and enthusiastic assistants. Then I take the day off and do whatever I want (ie. wandering Melbourne CBD alone and indulging my taste for the finer things in life - ahem, supposedly another Leo trait) meeting L'Homme at a fancy restaurant for dinner and one champagne too many. Oh yes, I love me a birthday, even though I'm racking up the years!


Obviously there is a chance the day could be a bit sad, because L'Homme is fighting his way out of rehab and is unable to join in the festivities. But I am doing what I can to celebrate - that's what we both want. It's important to me that I don't try anything new, I'd rather wait for l'Homme to get better.
So, one of my BFF's is taking half a day from her extremely important job to join me for lunch at Bistro Vue (we had our work Christmas party there last year and I've snuck back for lunch one other time!) ....and then she'll accompany me on indulging in a couple of new birthday purchases (not sure what I'll buy myself yet), before we head to the hospital and get l'Homme to sing Happy Birthday!


Then my gorgeous Brother who happens to be one of my favourite people to spend time with and L'Homme's BFF - they knew each other before I knew him - will join me for dinner (after I've spent some time with the Petits) at the phenomenal Collingwood eatery Gigibaba. The food is exquisite and I have had a hankering for the pommegranite salad and peppered steak since the first time I had it sometime last year.

Then I'm inviting all the lovely women in my life to head to Panama Dining Room in my beloved Fitzroy for a drink or nine before hobbling home.

All things considered, it sounds pretty perfect to me.
images found; 1. unknown...sorry 2. here 3. here 4. here 5. here 6. here

9 comments:

jules @ The Diversion Project said...

hippy birdday to you, hippy birdday to you, hippy birdday dear shelleyyyyyyy, HIPPY BIRDDAY TO YOUUUUU.

Was just about to head over to facebook and give you a big birthday snog when i i saw this post up - so hippy birdday over there too darl!!

sounds like a lovely day you have planned, and love your attitude about making hte most of it. many many many wishes for a happy day darl! jxoxox

pen said...

have a lovely birthday Shelley!
enjoy every moment of it from top to toe- you deserve it!
pen xx

Anonymous said...

Have a lovely day.....I love the way you have embraced the birthday celebrations even though you clearly would not be feeling 100%. I love my birthday and totally get it when people want to rejoice in their day!
Out love and prayers have been sent to you everyday since we heard the news of your charming husband being unwell.....
We do not know you personally but are customers and Stef was very lovely to my teenage daughter when we were last there. She thought he was a cool old dude!
Good bless and happy birthday.

Julie@beingRUBY said...

HI Shelley
I just popped over to say Happy Birthday and caught up on all your other news...

I'm so sorry to hear the news about your dear husband.... what a shock that must have been .. and probably still is... it sounds encouraging how well he is doing and I hope he continues from strength to strength....

May today and all your tomorrows bring you only good news for you and your family... Take care xxx Julie

[ps sorry about my long absence...]

captain kk said...

happy birthday shelley! you deserve a wonderful day. x captn.

Ampersand Design said...

Happy Birthday Shelley!

Hope you have a wonderful day. I just wanted to say that your outlook on everything is so inspiring.

Best wishes to you and your family.

Sandy K

Raina Cox said...

Happy Ribbons and Cupcakes Day, Lovely Lady!

Mainichi said...

Hey there, happy birthday (albeit a bit late!).....sounds like you rocked the birthday celebrations. Yay!!! Dxx

Lee said...

Bonn anniversary Shelley! Your birthday celebrations sound absolutely fabulous - just like you.