Oh really, Kate, you shouldn't have - many thanks for my first ever award since I have started blogging. You are very generous, indeed, and gorgeous, as is your fabulous blog - Everyday Calm - which I turn to for both inspiration and peace.
Here are the rules and guidelines to the Awe-summm award:
* List 7 things that make you Awe-Summm and then pass the award on to 7 bloggers you love.
* Make sure to tag your recipients and let them know they have won!
* And finally link back to the blogger that tagged you.
Okay, so 7 things that make me Awe-summm....hmmm...feels like bragging or self indulgence or something, but what the heck!
1. I grew up with neither money or an entrepreneurial background, yet have created a business that pays the bills and keeps me inspired.
2. I am also a singer - having joined my first band at 16 yrs - and have sung professionally in venues throughout Melbourne.
3. I make decisions quickly and often the bigger the decision, the faster I make it! (ie. moved my whole life overseas within two weeks and stayed away for seven yrs.....met and married my partner within a year - you get the picture..)
4. I learnt early (after a disasterous audition) to trust my instincts and I am soooo grateful for that lesson.
5. I can make and maintain friendships and absolutely love nurturing my relationships. (Although since Petit Garcon and Petit-Petit Garcon, I've dropped my standards somewhat!) I am so fortunate to have such good, creative and interesting people in my life. I love people!!
6. I can see the big picture and somehow I seem to get there - eventually.
7. I am a recovering people pleaser; still something that I work hard at.
And now, the part that comes so much easier, choosing 7 Awe-Summm blogs and bloggers to join in the award winning 'look-at-how-Awe-Summ-I-am' fun!
1. The Design Files - lovely Lucy, beautiful and humble creative talent; she has no idea of her impact, which makes her even more special. x
2. Daily Imprint - Natalie is single-handedly responsible for my blogging addiction, the girl can write and unearths all sorts of interesting people on a daily basis.
3. Shannon Fricke - I love her style, her attitude and the fact that she has spent the past month in France to celebrate her birthday
4. In Search of the Real Captain KK - discovered her blog through the Creative Women's Circle bloglist and check in regularly to see how she's doing.
5. The Style Files - Danielle constantly inspires me, the homes she features send my head in a spin most days!
6. Inchmark - I find this blog completely unique, beautifully photographed and I love the library book posts.
7. Abbey Goes Design Scouting - possibly too busy, with the impending birth of her child, to do anything with this award. However, I've always enjoyed her blog....and she loves French vintage posters...(!)
Thanks for reading.
x shelley t