Thursday, October 8, 2009

Let's hear it for...




all images; issues 7, 5 & 17 covers courtesy of dumbofeather
After a delightful day with Ms. G and then attempting to draft an important document back at Galmont, I returned to Chez Trbuhovich a little low on energy. However, that quickly changed when I noticed the latest issue of Dumbofeather waiting on the doorstep in all it's recycled glory!

I love a story, particularly in relation to lovely creatives; I'm interested in what makes people tick, where they come from, where they're going, what's important to them, the development of their area of interest - with Dumbofeather, I meet five people who give me a good yarn. It may be an artist, a midwife, a charity worker, an entrepreneur, a teacher; I don't care, I just love their stories!

I am grateful to Kate James for switching me onto this publication, after reading my first copy cover to cover, I immediately back-ordered the 15 odd 'mooks' (is it a magazine? is it a book?) I had missed. I try to read a story every couple of days, as I find it's like a little battery charger for the soul. So, dear ones, it is time for me to immerse myself in Issue Twenty-one - Ahhhh!

PS. Of course, The Design Files has interviewed Kate Bezar, Dumbofeather's founder, check it out here.
PPS. Have just noticed that Deb's blog (for Real Living) has also posted about Kate Bezar here.

No comments: