Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Catherine the Great(s)

image; Vogue Living May/June 2009 - photographer Ditte Isager

The latest Vogue Living (May/June 2009) was waiting patiently on my doorstep when I arrived home yesterday. It is the Collector's Edition, guest edited by none other than Catherine Martin, Oscar winning design genius, so the magazine is pure visual beauty and inspiration, with a distinct French flavour.

But it is this picture that took my breath away and will sit on the wall of my office forever.

This image alone reminds me that style is timeless; to embrace my individuality; to pursue creativity in all its forms; to never underestimate the power of unique footwear(!); and that cycling is a very cool thing (especially when embarking on your journey out of a glorious pair of French doors).

I want to be this image when I grow up.

2 comments:

Kate James said...

Oh that is the most divine image Shelley! I was a 'Catherine' once so I'm going to buy Vogue Living tomorrow for that pic and for the French inspiration.

Fabulously French said...

Me too, it is fabulous.

L x